Life Lately

So right after I give myself credit for getting back in the blogging groove, I go a full week without a post.  Talk about speaking too soon.  I want to blog.  I want to come here to this special space, chat with you, share some photos, and just hang out but the only time I have to do that is when Baby T is sleeping.  Right now, his napping schedule is consistent in that he naps after eating and playing for a little while, but the naps themselves are pretty inconsistent.  Sometimes they last for two hours, sometimes they're only twenty minutes.  And when a long nap sets in, I don't really want to sit at my desk.  I want to do fun, exciting, adventurous things - you know, like showering and eating.  Such is life with a newborn I guess.  Actually, a one-month old.

(Side note, is a one-month old still a newborn?  Or are we officially in the infant stage?  I'm not sure.  I do know we're officially in size 3-months clothes though because this kid is huge.)

Life is starting to regain some semblance of normalcy, though, despite my virtual absence.  Baby T is sleeping for about 4-hour stretches at night, which means The Husband and I are getting a little more sleep now, too.  We've ventured out for a few family outings, mostly to the grocery store but also to Starbucks and Off the Grid.  Baby T and I have even had our own outing as a twosome - Whole Foods!  It's a little thing but felt like such a huge accomplishment managing the stroller and grocery list at the same time.  And we've had friends come by for visits and adult conversation, too, which always feels great especially since The Husband and I seem to be spending a lot of time talking about poop and feeding schedules lately.

My sister-in-law and nieces came up for a visit last week and took Baby T to the park so I could have some Me time.  I took full advantage by going to a local coffee shop, munching on a gluten-free bagel, and just reading.  A real, live, grown-up book.  All by myself.  It was glorious.  When I got home, I felt recharged and happy, and it was pretty cute seeing the three cousins together for the first time since we left the hospital.

So that's about it.  That's my life lately.  Baby baths, baby cuddles, lots of coffee, and the occasional bit of time to myself.  I knew having a baby would be a big adjustment but I didn't realize just how enormous it would be.  People always talk about what a change it is, and we were sufficiently warned, but I would always keep thinking, "How much of a difference could it really be?"  I fully admit it's hard to envision what it's like until you're actually in the midst of it.

And now, he's starting to stir.  The morning nap that I thought would last another hour has come to a premature end.  And based on the sounds I was hearing during the last few minutes of said nap, I'm pretty sure it's time for a diaper change, too.  C'est la vie.




No comments

Post a Comment

Tell me more.

© Twentieth Street | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig