1. I literally did not leave our apartment for 3 days straight last week. It was cold, foggy, and rainy, and I had no errands or places to be so I just didn't go ... anywhere. It seems I've entered the "pre-hermit" stage of life.
2. Valentine's Day. There, I said it. I've never really been that into Valentine's Day. I didn't care much about it as a single gal, I didn't care much about it while dating, and I still don't care much about it now that I'm an old married lady. I even wrote a paper in college on how Hallmark & Valentine's Day have made love into a manufactured emotion (who knew I was so emo in college?) But the weird thing is, I actually feel guilty this year for not caring about it. Like I'm a bad wife or something because I had the gall to tell The Husband "Valentine's Day is the worst possible night to go out for dinner, especially this year because it's on a Friday. Let's just stay in." Although, I must say, despite my dislike for the holiday, I would happily accept -and promptly devour- a box of See's candies any day of the year.
1. Our new sweet baby niece was born last night! We're going to play hooky this afternoon to go visit her in the hospital and finally hear what her little name will be. We're so excited to meet her, The Husband woke me up at 6am today to show me the photo my brother-in-law texted. I do NOT wake up that early on the regular so you know she must be something special. ;)
2. I've started volunteering with a local dog shelter in our neighborhood. Volunteer orientation was a few weeks ago and last night we had a dog behavior & training class where we studied dog body language and practiced commands with a spunky husky named Avalanche. With those two classes complete, I'm officially cleared to start walking and training the dogs and I can't wait!
3. I've also been keeping a big secret from you, lovely readers. I don't mean to be annoyingly vague but there's still a lot to get done before making everything official, including a brand spanking new logo for Stephanie Court Photography. I'm hoping to have it all ready for the big announcement in just a few weeks, though, so sit tight!
Linking up with Nicole again today!