With the exception of the engagement session Saturday evening (a gorgeous one, I might add!), I found myself reaching for my iPhone more frequently than my camera. I mainly just didn't want to drop my camera in the pool, lug it around in 100-degree weather, or bang it up while playing on the mountain in Truckee, but my iPhone and the latest VSCO Cam app proved to be the perfect tools to capture the weekend.
1. The firemen were kind enough to cool down the Sonoma crowd after the 4th of July Parade. Considering it was nearly 100 degrees that day, the water hose was a big hit!
2. Pool noodle toes, anyone?
3. The Fancy Fiance's grandmother - This was her first time reading People magazine and she had no idea it was pretty much just celebrity gossip. When asked whether there were any good reads in there she said, "Well, no. It's just a bunch of gossip!"
4. You'd be worn out too if it was your 92nd 4th of July celebration.
5. City Hall, picking up our marriage license! (Post coming soon on how to make the process as painless as possible.)
6. Five Lakes (which is really only two lakes...). Very refreshing after a 5-mile roundtrip hike.
How was your holiday weekend?
PS - My apologies if you already saw these on Instagram. :)