- I have a ginormous pimple on the side of my nose. It's right there, nestled in the the little crook where the smile lines connect to the shnoz. Perfectly positioned to remind me of its existence every time I smile or talk. This thing ain't little either. It's like my regular nose had a baby and that baby is quickly growing into adulthood. I'm 31 for Pete's sake! I thought pimple were supposed to stop, like, TEN years ago or something??
- You know how people say your metabolism slows down once you turn 30? Well, I kinda ignored all that nonsense last year. I'm a healthy person, I eat well, I've never had much of a weight problem before except for a 5-pound fluctuation here and there. Heck, I even managed to lose weight leading up to the holidays last year.
And then... I turned 31 and my metabolism suddenly decided it needed a vacay. I've gained back most of the weight I lost before the holidays and I have no energy whatsoever. Granted, I've been a lazy bum the last six weeks but that's not new behavior, people. I'm usually a lazy bum but can still manage to stay in shape. Not that I don't have a shape now, it's just more of a Jell-O mold type of shape. You know, some mildly definable structure but mostly just jiggly. Yeah, that's me. So why are my couch-loving habits effecting me now?? Oh, right. Because I'm old.
- We actually have a pretty fun wedding-filled weekend coming up. We're meeting with a priest (the ceremony is the only traditional thing we're doing...), meeting with a restaurant (and hopefully scheduling a tasting... metabolism, what?), and we're checking out one of the few venues actually available for our date. Plus, my future MIL is hosting an engagement party for us! This pimple/second nose better disappear before the weekend or I might have to fully embrace the role of Bride and wear a veil to the party...
- Good news on the business front - I booked my first ever destination wedding!! (And by "destination" I mean somewhere outside of the US.) I'm going to Mexico in November to photograph an awesome beach wedding! I'm so freakin' excited about it. One of my main business goals for 2013 was to do at least one destination wedding and now, in the first week of February, I've got one on the calendar. And the couple is pretty rad so I have no doubt it'll be a blast!
- And good news on The Fancy Fiance's business front, too! He had his first court appearance as a solo attorney yesterday. Motion granted!!! He took a big risk leaving behind his firm job to start his own practice and everyday he makes me more and more proud. I have no doubt this is only the first of many victories and happy clients down the road.