It's all about the nails in here today, people. I love pastels and neons as much as the next gal but when autumn rolls around -when the days get shorter and the wind a bit chillier- I want deep rich shades reminiscent of the season. I have these five on constant rotation throughout fall & winter (I'm rockin' Russian Navy right now...). For me, they are the ultimate in fall sophistication.
1. Lincoln Park After Dark (OPI) - My go-to for fall nails. This one is my all-time fave. Sometimes I spice things up by adding a little gold glitter on top.
2. Russian Navy (OPI) - I just discovered this color last fall and I was surprised by how flattering it was! I thought it wouldn't work with my pale skin/blue veins but I was wrong. Oh so wrong. It's a beautiful deep blue that would look great with almost any skin tone. That photo definitely does not do it justice.
3. Black Platinum (Sally Hansen) - This is a new fave. (I bought it on sale at Target.) It's very chic, sophisticated, and urban.
4. Wined Up (Sally Hansen Insta Dri) - This one seems like a more traditional fall color at first glance but in the sun, it has a slight golden shimmer to it. Very pretty and ladylike, and very classically autumn.
5. Pronto Purple (Sally Hansen Insta Dri) - Purple is my favorite color so of course I have to paint my nails in this lovely, rich shade from time to time.
By the way - Have you tried the Insta Dri line by Sally Hansen? If so, what do you think of it? I have a
really bad habit of doing stuff right after I paint my nails and messing
them up because they're not completely dry yet. This polish dries in literally just a
few minutes and actually lasts longer than I expected. It sometimes looks a little more matted than I'd like but a quick top coat fixes that right up!
What nail polish shades are you loving this fall?