UPDATE: If you'd like to make this dish gluten-free, it's great with quinoa or long-grain brown rice, too. :)
We had a whole mix of things in our CSA share last week but not a lot of any one thing in particular. So I combined a few of the veggies - cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh dill, corn - added a little couscous and crumbled feta, and dinner was served! As we were eating, The Boyfriend asked if I took any pictures so I could post the recipe. Guess that means he liked it!
What You Need:
1 and a half cups uncooked couscous
1 - 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, sliced
2 ears of corn
1/2 c. pine nuts
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
Crumbled feta cheese (goat cheese would be good too!)
Fresh dill for garnish
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Roast the corn for half an hour.
2. When the corn is ready, peel the husk and remove the kernels from the cob. I just used a knife and scrap it down the side to slice off all the corn. (Sorry, I didn't get photos of this part!) Set corn aside.
3. Prepare the couscous according to the instructions provided on the package.
4. Heat a separate pan and toast the pine nuts for a few minutes until slightly golden.
5. When the couscous is fully cooked, add the toasted pine nuts, lemon juice, and all the veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, and roasted corn). Stir to fully combine and season with salt & pepper.
6. Add the feta (or goat cheese), garnish with some fresh dill, & enjoy!