Ah, Fall. A time for cozy sweaters, warm scarves, and ... 70 degree weather?? brrrrrppppp (<-- record screeching to a stop). Yes, 70 degrees. September and October are usually San Francisco's warmest months and we've got 70+ and sunny in the forecast for at least the next week. It's a little hard to wrap my head around the fact that it's time for scarves and sweaters when, really, it just became t-shirt and flip-flops weather. Because of the unseasonable weather, my fall to-do list has some summer-y things in it, too. Variety is the spice of life, right?
1. Finish up our tour of SF's Top Five ice cream shops. So far, we've made it to two of the five. I'm so disappointed in us.
2. Go apple picking. The closest apple orchard to us is quite a drive but it's worth at least one day trip.
3. Learn to make a homemade pumpkin spice latte. You would not believe how much moolah I happily hand over to Starbucks this time of year. It's like I'm making up for the other 9 months.
4. Crunch some leaves under my new boots. Since it's still warm here, this will most likely happen when I go to D.C. later this fall. (yippee!)
5. Have a picnic or two in Golden Gate park. Preferably with some colorful foliage.
6. Swap my evening glass of chocolate milk for an evening mug of hot cocoa.
7. Bake these caramel apple cider cookies. I can't believe it's been almost a year since I last made them.
8. And maybe paint my nails like that again, too. I'm diggin' the look!
9. Finally make the switch to an iPhone! I've been waiting ... for a phone like you ... to come into my life.
10. Enjoy some Sunday afternoons on the couch with The Boyfriend and some football. I can't think of a better way to spend my favorite season.
What's on your fall to-do list?