- For some reason, I've been saying some totally random things lately. For example, when I got in my sweltering hot car last Saturday (it was 100 degrees ... I have black leather seats...) the first thing that came outta my mouth was "holy shmackies!!!" I have no idea what that means or where I got it from.
- Also, when I was cooking dinner the other night and realized it was almost ready, I said, "Sweet beans and rice, we're almost ready to eat!" Keep in mind a) I was not actually making sweet beans and rice and b) I was alone.
- You know how I've told you that The Boyfriend likes to say random things when he sneezes? I met a man yesterday who does the same things. Well, I didn't actually meet him - I just passed him on the street. But he sneezed as I was passing and, as he sneezed, he said, "Excuse me." Imagine not "achoo" but "excuse me." Then he thanked himself.
- It's officially summer! I celebrated by eating lunch outside, making a yummy fruit smoothie, and napping on the couch with the windows open. What a lovely time of year!
- Speaking of lunch, The Boyfriend took me the best food truck ever yesterday.* It's called Senor Sisig. If you're in SF and looking for a good lunch spot, it's totally worth looking up their truck schedule and stopping by. It's a Filipino fusion food truck - imagine a cross between Filipino street food and a Mexican taqueria. The Boyfriend's burrito had garlic-infused rice, pinto beans, cilantro cream sauce, spicy pork, and a whole bunch of other goodness while mine had guacamole, sour cream, French fries, and delicious spicy chicken. Yes, I said French fries. In a burrito. I mean, come on people.
|The Boyfriend's is on the right; mine is on the left. And in my belly.|
*I love that even though we live together and see each other every day, we still have lunch dates once in a while. :)