A few months ago, Erin wrote a little post about Influenster and as soon as I read that she just filled out a survey and got a bunch of free stuff, I immediately clicked on over and answered away. Basically you create a profile and start taking very short mini-surveys to unlock various badges. After unlocking every possible badge I qualified for in one sitting, I clicked away from the site and forgot about it. About a month later, I got an email saying I was selected for a Vox Box in May! All I had to do was say yes. Um, it was free y'all. Of course I said yes. I love me some free.
My first Vox Box was delivered over the weekend and it did not disappoint. It was filled with a few products I loved, a few I actually wanted to try, and one or two I never thought I'd want.
1. Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist - I'm not much of a scent person so this item didn't get me too excited. I don't wear perfume, I use neutral-scented soap and deodorant, and I don't have a lot of potpourri or candles around the house. I can say that this mist has a very light, clean scent that wasn't too perfumy. If you like lighter, airier scents then you might like this mist.
2. Dr. Scholl's for Her Ball of Foot pads - I love these things. I don't wear heels that often now that I work from home but when I worked in an office, I had a pair of these foot pads for every pair of heels I wore. They are amazing, especially if you have to walk or be on your feet a lot while wearing heels.
3. ChapStick Lip Shield 365 - I was excited to try out a new chap stick because my lips have been crazy dry lately. This one did a nice job of moisturizing but, like a lot of ChapStick products, it felt a bit waxy on my lips. I like lip balms that moisturize without it feeling like you have some on. With this, I was definitely aware that I had it on.
4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash - I love Aveeno products. I use Aveeno face wash, moisturizer, and body lotion. The body wash did not disappoint. It's light and cleansing without over drying. I just noticed on the back that it says you can also use it as a shaving lotion so I might give that a try next.
5. Sheer Cover Duo Concealer - When I first looked at this, I thought it would be way too dark for my pasty white skin. But when I dabbed a bit under my eyes, it blended perfectly with my skin. It was also creamy without being cakey, which is rare for thicker concealers. I like this little baby. She's a keeper.
6. Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips - These things are such a pain in the a**. I've heard that you have to warm them up a bit between your palms to really get them to apply correctly but I just couldn't do it. I do like that they're coming out with a line of solid-colored nail strips to balance out the bright patterns so if you can manage applying them, you might like the variety. As for me, I'm sticking to good ol' fashioned nail polish.
7. SoyJoy Bar - I fully expected this thing to be gross but it was actually quite delicious! I'm thinking about buying a few to keep in my camera bag when I have long shoots. I always forget to pack snacks and I get so hungry when shooting for hours on end. These bars are the perfect solution!
All in all, if you like getting free stuff and don't mind testing it out then writing a little bit about it, I'd say give Influenster a try. You never know what you might get!
PS - No skrilla was exchanged for giving these opinions or mentioning Influenster.
PPS - This is post number 501 for Big Mario Life! I thought that deserved a little celebration.