What You Need (for one serving):
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 banana (optional, but so good!)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 15 semi-sweet chocolate chips
What You Do:
1. Place the oats, milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla in a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat until the oats are cooked (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
2. Pour the cooked oats into a bowl and top with chocolate chips.
3. That's it!!!
1. Add cinnamon to the oats as they cook for a cinnamon/chocolate combo.
2. Add a spoonful of peanut butter to the oats as they cook for a melted Reece's peanut butter cup kind of oatmeal.
3. Top the oatmeal off with sliced strawberries or other fresh fruit.
4. Add some flax seed to the oats as they cook for a healthy, slightly nutty twist.
PS - If you're looking for something else new to try this weekend, you can find more of my recipes here. Happy Saturday!