- The Boyfriend and I have a pretty good system when it comes to our household chores. I cook, he does the dishes. He washes and hangs the laundry, I take it down and fold it. Usually this system works well, unless one of us forgets to do their job. The other day I went out to the garage to take down our laundry, which consisted of what I thought was just a few towels and a pair of jeans. Unusually light laundry week, it seemed. Until The Boyfriend came home and pointed out the fact that I somehow managed to overlook all the rest of our clothes still hanging out in the garage. What the heck was I thinking? How did I miss an entire week's worth of laundry when it was hanging right in front of my face?? Domestic fail.
- I did a massive amount of online shopping this week ... for Molly. Yes, I spent more on my guinea pig this week than I spent on groceries. But that's not the awkward part. Oh no, that would be too easy. All this online shopping has to be delivered, right? And the delivery just has to come right when I'm getting out of the shower, of course. And I have to open our door because there's no way the FedEx guy can fit the giant box through the gate. Great. So I opened the door to the FedEx man in my bathrobe, with a towel turban on my head (you know you do it too). He looked at me like I was a few fries short of a happy meal. Probably because it was two in the afternoon on a weekday and most people are showered and dressed by that time.
- Molly got a little territorial on me again last night. She discovered a little nook under our kitchen table and claimed it as her own. When I reached in to grab her and put her back in her cage, she did her little rumble strutting thing then proceeded to click her teeth at me. When I tried to touch one of her toys, she lunged at my hand and moved the toy to where I couldn't reach it! Who does that little fur ball think she is anyway?
- One week from today, I leave for NYC!!! I used to go at least once a year but then law school happened and it's been almost four years since I was last there. This trip is on the Awesome list for so many reasons, the main one being that things like this tend to happen when I'm in NYC:
John & Paul said, everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
- We're slowly redecorating the bedroom and I love how it's coming together. I'm going to attempt this project over the weekend. Is it totally nerdy to be so excited over a DIY project?
- I've started making green smoothies for my afternoon snack. I can basically get 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies for the day in one drink! My recipes are very scientific - a handful of raspberries, a handful of blackberries, a handful of blueberries, a whole banana, two handfuls of spinach, and a little bit of milk. Precise measurements are very important, people.
PS - Don't forget to enter my two giveaways here and here!!