What You Need:
2 large chicken breasts
1 medium onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil, plus a little extra
1.5 tsp. cumin
1.5 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder*
1/2 tsp. garlic powder*
1/4 - 1/2 c. water
Flour or corn tortillas (I use flour for fajitas, corn for enchiladas)
What To Do:
1. Pour olive oil into large Ziploc bag and add in all the spices.
2. Slice the chicken breasts and add them to the seasonings bag. Swish it around to fully coat the chicken, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. While the chicken is chillin' in the fridge, chop up the onion and bell peppers. Sautee in olive oil until the onions start to become translucent.
4. Add the chicken from the bag (without the additional oil from the bag) and let the chicken cook for a couple minutes.
5. Add in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water and cook until the juices evaporate.
6. Warm up the tortillas either directly over the fire (if using a gas-top stove) or in a skillet or frying pan. Prepare tacos and garnish with whatever you like - guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc. Make 'em your own and chow down Texas-style!!
*When I made these recently, I didn't have onion or garlic powder so I used Cajun seasoning. Turned out just as delish so feel free to improvise!