- When I left to run errands the other day, I noticed my oil was a little low in my car so I did what any independent woman would do - I whipped out the funnel and extra bottle of oil from my trunk and added some more. Easy peasy, right? Well, as I'm driving around, I start to smell exhaust fumes ... inside my car. wth? I was way overdue for a routine oil change anyway so I went to Midas (yay for coupons!). I told them I just needed an oil change but explained the weird smell, too, just in case. Not wanting to sound like an idiot, I also said, "I've added oil many times in the past with no problem at all. I know how to to do the basic stuff." Turns out I actually am an idiot. As soon as they opened the hood of ol' Greta, they found the problem. I forgot to put the oil cap back on! So I was driving around with no cap, letting the oil slosh all over the engine, and when the engine would heat up, it burned off the oil. Hence, the smell. Now I have to get my engine steam cleaned or else the smell probably won't go away. Which means my bonehead move is gonna cost me about 150 bucks. Ouch.
- Last Saturday, we went to an engagement party. The Boyfriend and I were goofing around, being silly, when his cousin snapped this photo and put it on Facebook with the caption "the engagement party"
I had a bit of wine and champagne and wasn't aware I was tagged in it. That is, until I saw the 11 comments, 3 missed text messages, 13 emails, 2 voice messages, and 6 missed calls. Apparently people thought we got engaged, despite the cheesy OMS* and the plastic water bottle in lieu of an actual ring... Give us a little more credit people!!
- Just bought a plane ticket for a visit to NYC at the end of March!! I'm SO super excited. I'm absolutely in love with NYC and used to visit at least once a year. Then law school happened and I haven't been back since March of 2008. I got such a great deal using Southwest points, I just couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to see my NYC friends and be inspired by the beautiful Big Apple!
- Leaving for Texas!! I haven't seen my family since last April so I'm very excited to get home and spend a few days in the warm Texas sun. The Boyfriend is also pumped - he's planning on buying a pair of "real" cowboy boots while we're there. Don't ask me where he's gonna wear them in SF, though. I'm sure he'll find the right occasion!
- Lightbox. It's pretty awesome. For all my fellow non-iPhoners who have serious Instagram envy, Lightbox is the closest thing I've found on droids. I know, I know, I've heard they're creating Instagram for droid. But so far no timeline has been announced so we have no idea when that's gonna happen. In the mean time, Lightbox is the way to go. It's a free app that offers a number of similar filters to Instagram, in addition to social networking features. You can set your photos to post to Twitter and Facebook when you upload them to Lightbox and you can follow other Lightboxers such as Cali Vintage and The Sartorialist. If you decide to join, come find me here!
A few from my Lightbox this week:
|My latest snack obsession: greek yogurt with honey|
|A gentle touch speaks volumes.|
|Homemade chocolate-covered strawberries for Valentine's Day|