- Um, the fact that I apparently forgot how to spell "awkward." It took about four tries before it finally looked right.
- At my pro bono clinic this week, I had about 3 out of my 5 clients come in and start our consultation with, "Are you a real lawyer? Did you pass the bar?" and some of them added in "Really? Because you look too young to be a real lawyer." Um, yes, obviously I'm a "real" lawyer. I wouldn't be giving legal advice at a pro bono clinic called Lawyers in the Library if I were not actually a lawyer. Believe it or not, that's illegal. And while in real life I'd love to think I look younger than I actually am, it's not so cool in my professional life.
- Kids in Target crack me up. I was in the toy section shopping for a bday present for my nephew when I heard a kid pleading with his mom for a certain toy the next aisle over. This kid could not have been more than about 5 or 6 years old. After a few minutes of pleading, the kid gave up on the whiny "pleeeeeeease mom, pleeeeeeease" technique and said, in a very straightforward and serious tone, "I don't think you understand how much I need this." To which the mom replied in the same straightforward and serious tone, "I don't think you understand what I mean by 'No'."
- A little while later, I'm in the frozen food section at Target debating whether I should get some Ben & Jerry's when I hear another kid throwing a little fit over some ice cream. Finally, I hear the dad say, "If you want ice cream you'd better quit throwin' them tem tans." Yes, that's right. Tem tans. Which I can only assume means "temper tantrums." Way to totes discipline and teach your kid the art of abbrevs at the same time, Dad!
- This is totes obvi but ... Thanksgiving is only one week from today!!! I can't wait to be on the couch in a prone position with a belly full of turkey and pie whilst watching my Cowboys (hopefully) win big on Thursday!