My 7 Random Stephanie Facts
1. I was born near Houston, TX and grew up in San Antonio. Just to set the record straight, I do not wear only cowboy boots/cowboy hats, I do not own a Texas-shaped belt buckle, and I did not ride a horse to school everyday. These are a just a few of the things I was asked about when I left Texas and moved to Chicago for college. (No joke, college students in my dorm actually asked me if I rode a horse to school everyday...)
2. But I do have Texas pride. I am a descendant of survivors of the Alamo. Even though I have no intention of moving back, there's no denying my Texas roots run deep.
That's me pointing out Alejo Perez' name on the mural outside the Alamo. He was the last living survivor and my third great-grandfather. (PS - Please ignore my crazy hair!!)
3. I talk to Molly (the guinea pig) as if she were a little person and I'm fully convinced she understands me most of the time. She's pretty smart for a guinea pig. I expect one day she'll stand up on her hind legs and start talking to me in a funny accent, Dr. Doolittle style.
4. My first word was beer. I have my uncle to thank for that.
"Be-er!" Pretty sure that's milk in my bottle, but who knows? (PS - Looks like I was just born with crazy hair!!)
5. I was an expert marksman in high school. I registered for school late and my options were ROTC or plain old gym class. I thought ROTC sounded more interesting. Turns out, I'm a natural with a rifle and shot a bulls' eye about 9 times out of 10, thus earning the badge of "Expert." I was the only freshman on the varsity rifle team and lettered in it twice. Moral of the story? Don't mess with me.
6. When I make a sandwich, the peanut butter and jelly (or mustard or mayo or whatever the spread is) has to be spread evenly from edge to edge. No gaps. No clumps. Every edge must be covered. It's the only way to ensure consistent bites, which of course are necessary for a good sandwich.
7. I drink a glass of chocolate milk every night. And sometimes every morning, too. I love that stuff. I just can't get enough!
As part of the game, I now get to tag a few bloggers to play along! These aren't necessarily "recently discovered bloggers" but they are bloggers I'm in love with (you know what I mean). I think it'd be interesting to learn a few random facts about these ladies so I hope they'll be up for a little game. :)
Angie from Living Aloha
Jillian from Cornflake Dreams
Janette from Janette the Jongleur
Anna from My Aiken Heart
Bryn from Chartreuse & a Twist
Meagan from Mo Pie, Please
Mel from In Doctorly Fashion
Here are the rules of The Versatile Blogger Award:
-Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
-Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
-Give this award to up to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
-Contact those bloggers and tell them the exciting news!
Stay tuned for a full recap of Mexico! We had a great time zip lining, visiting the zoo, lounging by the pool, sipping margaritas, and checking out the town. I'm working on sorting through the photos and will have a lot to share with you very soon!! Happy Monday!