What You Need:
3-4 super ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 c. melted butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1.5 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped pecans (or walnuts or whatever nuts you want)
What To Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Smash up the bananas and mix with the melted butter.
3. Add in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix well.
4. Beat the egg and add it into the bowl. Add baking soda and salt.
5. Add flour a little bit at a time and mix well to fully incorporate. (You can do all this by hand if you don't want to bust out the mixer.) Fold in the nuts.
6. Pour bread batter into a greased bread pan (I use Pam cooking spray for baking). Sprinkle a few pecans on top for decoration. Or don't. That part is up to you.
7. Place bread pan in center of oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Cool on cooling rack then remove from bread pan and enjoy!
(Hint hint - if you wanted to add chocolate chips, I wouldn't call you crazy. A tablespoon of bourbon would also add an interesting twist.)