This recipe is very easy. You basically dump everything in a bowl and mix. The cookies come out crisp on the edges and chewy on the inside. The recipe makes about 20 cookies so if you want more, just double it up!
1 stick of butter, softened
3/4 c. light brown sugar, tightly packed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 c. old-fashioned oats (not the quick-cook or instant kind!)
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chocolate chips (or more, if you want)
What To Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until creamy.
3. Add egg and mix until fully incorporated. Add in oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are fully blended then gently fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Plop spoonfuls of batter about 1.5 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Check on them after 10 minutes because the edges will burn easily. When the cookies look like they're almost done, that means they're actually done!
5. Let cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a cooling rack. (f you try to move them immediately out of the oven, they might fall apart.)