On the first try, he burned them. I laughed a little on the inside and felt vindicated. I decided, out of the goodness of my heart, to give him a second chance. Guess what. He succeeded. I now find myself craving Brussels sprouts some days. How crazy is that!? So here's The Boyfriend's secret: prosciutto. Amazing what a little piggy can do, huh?
Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
What You Need:
About 10-12 medium sized, clean Brussels sprouts
1 tbsp. olive oil
2-3 strips of prosciutto
Salt & pepper, to taste
What to Do:
1. Cut off the hard little stem and chop the sprouts in half
2. Warm oil over medium heat, then add sprouts.
3. Cover and let cook for a bit while chopping the prosciutto into smaller bits.
4. Add prosciutto to the sprouts and cook over medium until sprouts turn bright green and get tender.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste (go easy at first, though, because the prosciutto can be pretty salty).
6. Transfer to dish and enjoy!
Note: I like to overcook them just a little bit because I like the crispy bits. Hence, the burned look in the picture.