As of today, I have one year and ten months before I turn 30. In all honesty, I’m a little freaked out by that. I’m reentering the working world at the lowest level and have quite a long way to go before I’ll be successful. Most people in my office that are my age will already have a good 3-4 years’ seniority on me. In order to transform Age 30 from something I dread into something I look forward to, I need a few goals. I know one year and ten months sounds like a long time, but most of this year will be consumed by school/bar studying. I figured it’s okay to start 30 Before 30 now, rather than after I turn 29.
1. Pass the bar.
2. Visit a foreign country I’ve never been to before. (There are too many I want to see so I can’t narrow it down to just one in the next year and a half.)
3. Go skydiving.
4. Learn how to make my favorite Mexican candy, Leche Quemada.
5. Start Pilates classes again.
6. Ride a bike. I need to get over the fear at some point.
7. Relax on a beach.
8. Treat myself to a professional massage – I’ve never really had one.
9. Get cool hipster glasses and actually wear them in public. (I hate wearing glasses in public!)
10. Run a 10K.
11. Touch up my tat.
12. Start a little garden and grow something – vegetables, flowers, fruit, whatever works best for where I’m living.
13. Explore The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, FL.
14. And maybe Disney World, too. :)
15. See an art show.
16. Go to the symphony. I went once, in elementary school, so it’s time.
17. Make bread. Like, delicious crusty-on-the-outside-warm-and-soft-on-the-inside French bread.
18. Experiment with a new lens. Maybe super telephoto for nature photography?
19. Make a homemade heart bokeh lens. I think this is possible…
20. Ride the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier in Chicago.
21. Learn how to ski. I’ve never done it before!
22. Sit in a photobooth or two. I love these old classics.
23. Start a camera collection. I want cool old Lomos, Holgas, Dianas, etc.
24. Road trip!!!
25. Ride a roller coaster. It’s been a while.
26. Go to a local food festival. I just love food. Something along the lines of Taste of Chicago…
27. Make My Love feel truly loved and appreciated– and continue that even after the fateful 30th birthday.
28. Do more volunteer work.
29. Host a fabulous party. Woo-hoo!!!
30. Say “Yes!” to something – anything – I would normally say “No” to.